- Published on Tuesday, 26 January 2016 07:46
Inno Setup developers recently released two new versions recently: 5.5.7 and 5.5.8. These versions are really important (and if you are still using older version consider upgrading!) because of two large changes:
- Microsoft recommends to eliminates the traditional Welcome page and gets right down to business. Check the Microsoft's desktop applications guideline for more details.
This was implemented in Inno Setup 5.5.7 (DisableWelcomePage now defaults to yes)
- Microsoft dropped support for SHA-1 certificates. Now you need to do is dual sign your installer (dual sign for "old" systems and for "new" ones). Check this article for details.
Without dual signing Windows will no longer trust any of your new installers if they are downloaded. See code signing article for more information.
This was implemented in Inno Setup 5.5.8 (multiple SignTool directives).
Graphical Installer for Inno Setup: 3.8.01 (Penka) reflects these changes and brings another new features, examples and improvements.
- Support for Inno Setup 5.5.7 and 5.5.8
- New directives and options
- Support for dual signing (SHA1 and SHA256)
- Follows Microsoft's desktop applications guideline
- New function ScaleMaskImage (GraphicalInstaller.dll) for mask resizing (Auto DPI)
- Graphical Installer Wizard v1.8.01:
- Fixed crashes
- Updated GUI
- New example (Auto DPI)
- Updated tools (BitmapCutter + GUI)
- Various improvements and fixes
See enclosed documents (Readme and Changelog) for more details.
Do not hesitate and visit the Purchase page where you can download Trial version for FREE!