- Created on Tuesday, 12 April 2016 10:25
NSIS developers work hard and recently released two new versions: 2.51 and 3.0 RC1!
These versions contain many security fixes and improvements (more security hardening to prevent dll hijacking) and RC1 (Release Candidate) is really important step to final version.
Today we updated our product Graphical Installer for NSIS to version 4.3.01 (Oxanka) and this version is really amazing: with new feature Visual_UI, many fixes, improvements and new possibilities. See the list (huge!):
- Support for latest NSIS 3 release (3.0 Release Candidate 1)
- Support for latest NSIS 2 release (2.51)
- New feature: Visual_UI - creating installers with Visual Studio Setup like design
- New symbols (see manual for details):
- GRAPHICAL_INSTALLER_PROGRESSBAR_COLOR: Progressbar color (Install page)
- GRAPHICAL_INSTALLER_PROGRESSBAR_BACKCOLOR: Progressbar background color (Install page)
- GRAPHICAL_INSTALLER_COMPONENTS_BACKCOLOR: Components page TreeView background color
- GRAPHICAL_INSTALLER_ACCEPT_LICENSE_BOLD: Bold Accept License checkbox (or radiobutton) in License page
- New symbols (Visual_UI feature):
- GRAPHICAL_INSTALLER_VISUAL_UI: Switch to Visual_UI mode
- GRAPHICAL_INSTALLER_LOGO: Visual_UI Logo
- GRAPHICAL_INSTALLER_BACKGROUND_COLOR: Background color
- GRAPHICAL_INSTALLER_BACKGROUND_COLOR_DARKER: Background color (Darker area around buttons)
- GRAPHICAL_INSTALLER_ACCENT_COLOR: Accent color (buttons, elements highlights)
- Graphical Installer Wizard v1.7.01:
- Improved script generation (with new symbols)
- Standalone application (Wizard.exe)
- New example(s): Visual_UI (black + white)
- Updated tools (BitmapCutter + GUI)
- All unSigned's installers are now dual signed with SHA-1 and SHA-256 certificates
- Improved installer (As recommended by Microsoft's desktop applications guideline):
- No welcome, page, Print and Save license buttons, ...
- Various improvements and fixes
- Updated manual (Help system):
- Better description for .graphics.nsh section
- Added Visual_UI section
- More context sensitive
- Help for BitmapCutter tools
- United color format (0xRRGGBB is by default used everywhere)
- Colors also accept RRGGBB format (without 0x prefix)
- Updated nsDialogs_setImageOle.nsh to version 1.2
As you can see there are many many changes and improvements. The biggest new feature is Visual_UI: creating installers with Visual Studio Setup like design.
Visual_UI example is of course attached in Graphical Installer\Examples folder and it looks like this:
See enclosed documents (Readme and Changelog) for more details.
Do not hesitate and visit the Purchase page where you can download Trial version for FREE!